There's Only ONE Way to Grill...


And that's with charcoal!  Listen, I'm a big believer in cooking all of my outdoor food with charcoal.  Call me a moron but I could never understand why anyone in their right mind would choose to cook with propane when they're grilling.  Isn't the whole point of cooking your food outdoors is to enjoy the natural coal (or wood)-fired taste in your food?


Cooking outdoors is going way back...back to the times of the earliest man.  In the ancient times, there was a man & his fire pit.  Whether he was cooking chickens, pterodactyls, or pigeons, it all went down good after being cooked over the open fire.  Can't you just picture your ancestor Zorg - with the fellas from the day's hunt - gathered around a carcass being grilled on the open fire?  See?  Natural grilling is a part of us.




And since we live in the modern world, we use charcoal.  In fact, there's more than just one kind.  Some folks enjoy the wood pieces, some the briquettes.  And from there it can get even more specialized.  You can get some cherry or applewood for the cookout.  Or if you go with briquettes, there's hickory or mesquite coals.  Hell nowadays, the options are endless.  But there's one constant; grill your food with charcoal.

It's always been my firmly held belief that if you wanted to cook with gas, then fix your dinner on the stovetop!  Yes. I know that there are a boatload of guys that use nothing but gas.  But that's cooking, not grilling.  There is a difference in the taste.  And this makes all the difference.

Here's the Thing

My charming little blog here has been created with the goal of helping the noob grillmaster-in-training with a tip here, or a piece of advice there.  And occasionally, I might just teach you something.  

Also, I wouldn't mind discussing anything grill related.  How do you cook your steak?  What makes the marinade recipe your old man told you better than mine?  And why in the hell do you stop grilling after football season!!???  Shoot, I don't.  In other words, I'm open to discussing stuff.

The other part of my blog is for recipes and product recommendations.  If there's a cool little something I feel duty bound to pass along, look for it there.  My promise to you is that I'll keep it interesting without being weird.  And anything else you're looking for, check out my main website Cookout Everyday.  Enjoy my blog, and drop me a line sometime!


Otis

0 comments:

Post a Comment